Thanks to the development of technology, new trends, and features are evolving in the field of SEO. After researching for the first 3 months, I have compiled an overview of the main global trends and how to promote your website in 2020 for business owners. Let’s see what needs to be considered in website promotion in 2020 in order to achieve success and increase targeted traffic and sales.
Years of customer experience suggests that web resource owners should stay up to date with the latest industry trends.
Ways and Prices of Website Promotion on Google
|Traffic channel name||Types of jobs||Price|
|Search engine marketing||SEO website promotion||Is free|
|Promotion in social networks||SMM, SMO||Is free|
|Direct or direct marketing||SMS Marketing, Email||Paid|
|Video marketing||YouTube optimization||Is free|
|GDN Advertising||Ads on Google Ads||Paid|
As you can see, 3 of the 5 methods are 100% free. This is because the money invested in these types of work will continue to produce results and will work for the growth of the website.
Do you want to know the most common questions from business owners to SEO companies for promotion? Let’s hear them out!
- What is the time period to wait for the first results from promotion in Google?
- Why does it take so long to wait for the results of promotion work?
- Is there really a “sandbox” for the new domain in the process of website promotion?
- How do links to store promotion in Google influence?
- How to quickly promote your site in TOP Google? Is this really possible?
- Is it worth it to do an SEO audit of a site before its promotion?
- Can you provide guarantees and forecasts for promotion?
- How to start a promotion?
We can conclude that many business owners are constantly trying to read updated information about SEO-promotion. However, the main lever in making decisions on the promotion and development of the company as a whole is the SEO department.
Indeed, if such monitoring is the key to successful work for an Internet agency, then for the customer it is an opportunity to figure out what and why an SEO specialist offers to improve the position of a promoted website.
Solving the technical issues of a web resource is just a preparation for promotion. The promotion itself consists of a strategy (i.e., a set of specific actions aimed at achieving goals), which necessarily takes into account the main trends. And trends change depending on what technologies appear in people’s lives.
So, here is a list of changes in search engine ranking factors in 2020. We will discuss all these factors in detail.
- Website optimization for mobile devices. The main attention should be paid to this point because high-quality and successful promotion by 50% depends on the optimized site for mobile devices. In the absence of optimization, your website in 2020 will either stop growing or begin to plummet in positions. How to fix this, we will dwell in more detail below.
- Work with content and internal website optimization.
- The role and importance of semantics in website promotion.
- The influence of behavioral factors on promotion.
- Quality links as a promotion condition.
- The growing role of local search in 2020.
- The growing popularity of knowledge graphs.
- The growing popularity of voice search.
- The transition to HTTPS as a mandatory component of website promotion in 2020.
Let’s look at the key SEO trends that should be considered in order to promote your site in 2020.
1. Website Optimization for Mobile Devices
“Mobilegeddon” – as the developers called the update of one of the Google algorithms, launched on April 21, 2015. Its peculiarity lies in the fact that sites with a version for mobile devices have become a priority in search results. Since then, the value of the mobile layout in promotion has only increased. The main answers to the questions of exactly how mobile typesetting affects website promotion were described in sufficient detail in All about the Google mobile-first index, SearEngineLand.
The main reason that such changes in Google’s algorithms have occurred is associated with the growth of mobile traffic. As a result, developers began to take into account the peculiarities of using web resources even on 5-inch screens.
What should you pay attention to so that its promotion in Google in 2020 does not stop bringing you targeted traffic? Understanding the current activity of the growth of traffic from mobile devices.
Mobile-First Index. The main focus of Google’s attention when ranking search sites is the presence of a convenient mobile version of the site. From the end of 2018, this ranking rule – the Mobile-First Index has been enforced. According to this rule, sites with a mobile version will have an advantage in providing positions in the TOP – 3 and TOP – 10. You can check how your site now looks in the office of your Google Search Console (formerly known as Google WebMasters) or by using a number of Free Chrome Extensions.
Site usability. One of the important factors for website promotion in 2020 is the type and usability of the user. What is it about? All information is available, the feedback form is available, and it is not difficult for the user to fill it out. Definitely, attention will also be paid to the structure of the site and the degree of ease of finding information in 2-3 clicks. Indeed, in the case of even one unsuccessful time in the experience of using your site, consumers probably will not want to buy from you, and search engines, realizing this, will no longer allow your positions to grow. For a quality check of the site’s usability, I recommend using the Plerdy click map.
Website speed. Google reports: in the event that the site loading takes longer than 2-3 seconds, the web resource cannot be higher than competitors, that is, above those sites that load much faster. Accordingly, website promotion and all work on it will be ineffective. The ideal load indicator is 1.5 seconds. Check the download speed of your site. Here is a quick guide on How to optimize your website’s speed.
Fast loading content using AMP technology. AMR is a technology for accelerating mobile pages, which was created by third-party developers and is actively promoted by the Google search engine. The main objective of using this technology is to speed up the loading of the mobile page of the site (which is now very important for Google search engines). You can find a detailed guide on AMP in Neil Patel’s blog.
How does AMP technology help to advance and how to implement it today to stay ahead of the competition?
The bottom line is that special tags are placed on the site, which is then read, remembered and cached by the Google search engine. After that, when a user enters the search and goes to this page, it is instantly loaded. Pages that use AMP technology are always higher than the competition in the search. This is facilitated by the download speed and adaptation to mobile devices.
Who is this suitable for?
- News sites.
- Directories (do not use filters).
- Link pages using brief information for the subsequent transition to the main site.
- Online magazines.
In general, AMP technology is a modern trend of SEO-site promotion in Google search engines. However, it can only be used for narrow tasks and small sites of certain categories on large sites. Its priority is to make the mobile version of the site “easy” and to convey information to users as quickly as possible.
Progressive Web Apps (PWA). Despite the fact that this technology has existed since 2015, only in 2020 will it gain tangible momentum in use for website promotion tasks. Progressive Web Apps (PWA) is a technology that allows anyone to use the site in the format of the application installed on the phone.
Benefits of the Progressive Web App:
- progressive – works for all users, regardless of browser choice;
- adaptive – convenient to use on all devices: tablet, mobile phone, desktop computer;
- there is no dependence on an Internet connection – it allows you to work and read information offline or with a poor Internet connection;
- constantly up-to-date information – always updated;
- secure – thanks to the use of https, the interception of the content of personal data is prevented;
- contains retargeting – thanks to push messages, re-attracts users;
- easy to install – does not require complex installation systems.
Globally, not all sites have switched to adaptive or mobile design. However, as competition increases, it is safe to say that 2020 will pass under the sign of optimization for smartphones.
2. Work with Content and Internal Website Optimization
The uniqueness and relevance of the content is the basis of promotion on Google. Today it is not enough to optimize texts for certain keywords. Each article should be:
- Unique. The higher the level of uniqueness of an article, the higher its value for the user, and therefore for the search engine. The recommended percentage of uniqueness of content for high-quality website promotion is not less than 90-95%. The uniqueness and quality of content optimization can be checked on Grammarly;
- Readable. The material should be easy to perceive and be focused on its target audience. The main objective of the content on the site is to convey information to a potential client. The more convenient the content will be located and structured, the more return it will bring;
- Expert. That is, to maximally disclose a specific issue of interest to a visitor to a web resource. Thanks to expert articles and blogs in general, you can achieve not only high-quality website promotion, but also become an opinion leader for your customers.
- Special requirements for the quality of texts appeared after the release of the Google Hummingbird (Hummingbird) algorithm on September 26, 2013. With it, the robot began to evaluate the relevance of the content and its relevance to search queries.
Around that time, a new method of writing texts began to gain popularity – LSI-copywriting, which is the next development step after SEO-copywriting.
Analyze Competitors’ Content for Better Website Promotion
To understand what the content on the site should be, how much it needs, what keywords should be used, it is no longer enough to rely solely on the experience of a specialist. Today, blogs also provide a detailed analysis of the issuance of competitive articles. Based on such an analysis, new high-quality (interesting and useful) articles are written based on reliable data, with the wide use of synonyms, appropriate addition of keys, and correctly structured text. You can track every mention of your competitor using BrandMention. You can monitor everything that is being said about your competitor’s company or product on all the channels that matter, be it web or social media. BrandMentions keeps you up to date with everything important in your market and anything connected to your competitor’s company, providing real-time alerts straight to your inbox.
During the analysis of competitors’ content, I recommend paying attention to such points.
- The number of words used to promote the article. Thanks to this indicator, you will know how many articles you need to write for your site (page). I recommend writing an article 500+ words more than your competitors.
- Uniqueness. Follow the rules of uniqueness – at least 90%. However, it is worth trying to strive for maximum evaluation.
- Spelling and readability. In the competition in terms of the number of keywords accepted in the text, do not forget about the readability and correctness of the construction of sentences. This is important for website promotion, and for users.
- Keyword Density is the percentage of keywords in relation to a written article. Check this indicator with your competitors, because if there are a lot of symbols in their materials and the optimization is low, you can easily (if you have the same number of words, but better optimization) outrun your competitors. I recommend that the density of the keyword in the text be 3-4%.
Use LSI Copywriting Actively
In 2020, LSI-copywriting will continue to gain popularity. This must be taken into account in order to promote your website in the TOP Google Searches.
Many web resources have already acquired vlogs or use video as an addition to the text content of their pages. Back in March 2017, in a Cisco study, it was predicted that by 2021 video content would account for 78% of all traffic on mobile devices.
It is obvious that in 2019 the number of video content in the format of reviews, interviews, reviews, training videos, webinars will grow.
When promoting the site, use not only the clearly found keywords “buy a smartphone”, but, first of all, remember that people are looking for how to solve the problem of the lack of a phone. For example: “How to choose and buy a budget smartphone for $500.” Thus, you help the user solve the problem, thereby optimizing and promoting the site in search engines.
One of the good sources of tips for finding LSI key queries is the bottom of the Google search page. It is similar searches related to your request that will allow you to write texts as clearly as possible. Accordingly, it is optimized both for users and for Google search engines.
Website Promotion on Google using Video Content
What video content can be used for high-quality SEO-promotion on Google?
- Video reviews. This method of acquainting customers about the product and simultaneously promoting the site has been popular for quite some time. All that is needed for this is a product that is interesting to users. Here you need to collect all the nuances of its use (pros, cons, characteristics) and other interesting information. This method of website promotion is the most common in online stores;
- Video testimonials. For a long time, no one trusts the usual reviews on sites. Therefore, to create trust in your brand, I recommend providing video reviews of grateful customers. This method of website promotion using video testimonials is the most common for the B2B segment.
- Webinars. In any field of business, webinars are useful and really help in website promotion. Let’s take as an example of a rather complicated area – jurisprudence. It would seem difficult to use webinars for this industry. For example: “Trademark. All the nuances of registration. ” It is enough to prepare an interesting and relevant topic once a month and record a webinar.
- Exits to live broadcasts in social networks. Competition in this format of video content for website optimization is still relatively small. Therefore, while your competitors are not using it yet, you should work ahead of the curve. Broadcasts should be used to attract the so-called “warm” audience, that is loyal to you. On the pages of social networks, inform about the topics of your live broadcast, the time of its release – and attract as many audiences as possible. Answer questions live and share your own experiences. After the discussion, save the live video and share it on social networks, corporate pages and on the pages of your site.
Separately, it is worth recalling that back in 2016, Google acquired 2 startups in the field of recognition and interaction with video – Moodstocks and Eyefluence. So it seems that in the near future we are waiting for improvements in search engine optimization video.
Expands the Possibilities of Website Promotion using Micro-Marking
Given that now it’s becoming increasingly difficult to pay attention to your site through an interesting Title page and Description in a Google search, micro-marking will be able to help the user choose you. It is because of the use of micro-layout that your site is better optimized, which guarantees better promotion. He stands out among others in TOP Google due to the following:
- Using the rating of an article or page (the so-called stars).
- Adding to the main page 2-3 search-relevant pages to your site.
- Increase page width in search results.
- The ability to display photos or video pages of the site next to Title and Description;
- The ability to immediately search from your search results on your site.
But, speaking about the future development of SEO, it is worth remembering that without internal optimization, a site with high-quality content cannot be competitive in search results. Therefore, before using innovative techniques to attract customers and introduce new marketing strategies, web resources must first be fully optimized.
3. The Role of Semantics in Website Promotion
The presence of a high-quality semantic core in 2020 is the most important component of website SEO-promotion on Google. Without this, it is impossible to imagine the further promotion of your website.
The semantic core is compiled with the help of a Google assistant “Google Ads”. Thanks to this tool, you can assemble a high-quality, and most importantly, one-piece semantic core to use it in the SEO-promotion of your website.
Recall that the collection of semantics is the first condition in the process of optimizing content and further promoting the site.
The main criteria for choosing keywords are:
- match your theme. Do all collected and clustered keywords correspond to your product or service ?;
- frequency. It is customary to divide keywords by frequency into 3 groups: low-frequency (up to 500 requests per month), medium-frequency (up to 2000 requests per month) and high-frequency (more than 2000 requests per month). It is worth remembering that efforts to promote a site in Google TOP are recommended to be placed on mid-frequency and high-frequency keywords. However, there is one more criterion that will definitely help you in deciding which keywords you should concentrate on.
- competition. The last criterion that you should pay attention to is based on its results, you will be able to analyze the situation in your segment while promoting the site. According to competitiveness, keywords can be low-competitive, medium-competitive, and highly competitive. The more competition for a keyword, the more difficult it is to get into Google TOP.
Comparing two indicators: frequency and competitiveness. For example the keyword “buy a smartphone” has high competitiveness and high search frequency, the word “buy a mobile phone” has medium competition and high frequency, the word “buy a gadget” low competitiveness and low frequency. Based on the data, an attractive key request is to “buy a mobile phone”, because, with not too much effort, we can achieve success in promoting the site and get potential consumers.
A pre-compiled semantic core allows you to develop an effective website structure for subsequent promotion at the design stage. Groups of requests are distributed depending on what type of pages they are intended for: main, categories, articles, product cards, etc.
At the next stage, content is formed, which we have already talked about. An increase in the number of landing pages, even optimized for low-frequency queries, will certainly help increase their traffic and promote the site as a whole.
By the way, it is necessary to pay attention to low-frequency key queries, since competition on them is much lower. Phrases consisting of more than 3 words are called “long-tail queries”. It is significant that it is for them that the conversion rate is the highest.
Just compare the competition between the query:
–“Buy a winter jacket in dehradun”
The difference in the level of competition is obvious. This means that there is already a direction where it is worth moving for high-quality and effective website promotion.
4. The Influence of Behavioral Factors on Promotion
Over the past few years, Google has taken behavioral factors into account when ranking pages and sites. This should be considered when promoting a site.
THE MAIN BEHAVIORAL FACTORS THAT YOU SHOULD PAY ATTENTION TO WHEN PROMOTING A SITE ON GOOGLE:
- bounce rate
- site loading speed;
- number of pages visited in one session;
- return to repeated search;
- site usability;
- cross-browser compatibility.
One of the key metrics of behavior that are taken into account during website promotion is the bounce rate. This indicator indicates the number of visitors who left the web resource on the login page (that is, they visited only one page).
Of course, the lower the bounce rate, the better the site’s ranking.
Another indicator that directly affects behavioral factors is the speed of the site loading. It will not be a discovery for anyone that visitors leave pages that load more than 2 seconds. The optimal opening speed is 1.5 seconds. In the context of competition of web resources for the attention of users, this indicator remains one of the most important.
You can check the loading speed of your site using Google Page Speed Test and here is a quick guide on How to optimize your website’s speed. After checking your site, the service will immediately show the reasons why the site has been loading for a long time and will offer ways to solve problems for a further high-quality website promotion on Google.
Not surprisingly, optimizing the download speed of a web resource is still important for SEO in 2020. There are many options for solving this issue: you can switch to faster hosting on SSD-drives, reduce the number of images, remove unnecessary graphics, modify scripts, and also analyze many other components of the site that affect the performance and promotion of the site.
Here you can buy a domain and hosting for an online store for as low as $4.99/mo.
The indicator of the number of pages visited per session signals you about the interest and information content of your site for users. If this indicator is equal to one or below two, the site needs to be improved by analyzing why the user leaves the pages of your site.
The reasons may be comprehensive information (although this is extremely rare), lack of linking, inconvenience of the site, unstructured content and other reasons.
Give a good reason to search again. Google search engines are so smart that they can track this: either after entering the site from organic search, the user further searches for the same thing, or has already found the answer on your site. Therefore, I recommend that when writing content for website promotion in Google search engines, you should not write just for the sake of keywords. Describe the most comprehensive information, it will improve your site in the eyes of search engines.
SO, WHAT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED WHEN EVALUATING THE USABILITY OF A SITE AND HOW TO DO IT?
When evaluating the usability of the site, the following indicators are taken into account:
- Website design and its professionalism. Given that the present requires more modern and exclusive sites, do not, in any case, forget about the accuracy and wishes of users. Indeed, the speed of loading a site, the failure rate, and therefore the quality of website promotion on Google, depending on the design, layout, and filling it with media components.
- Ease of use. This component includes indicators such as site structure, its menu, main pages, and content, the possibility of feedback. Violation or mismatch of these components with consumer expectations automatically reduces the chances of website promotion in search engines.
- Presentability. Its appearance, differentiation from competitors, call to action, the presence of all the symbols associated with the company.
HOW CAN I FIND OUT ALL THE SHORTCOMINGS OF MY OWN SITE?
In order to better understand in which direction to move, what still needs to be worked on, I recommend using the Plerdy click map. You can learn more about your users. Understand what is more interesting for them on the site, what they react to better, and what they don’t notice at all.
Also, in order not to make hasty conclusions with your own hand regarding the quality of the usability of your site, we recommend making a usability audit based on a click map. Thus, you will see the recommendations of real experts who will help you to improve the site and its promotion.
Cross-browser compatibility- the convenience and appearance of your website on various browsers and their versions. After all, there are more than 20 browsers that users use, and when creating a site, you probably do not know which browser your clients will mainly use.
It is important when creating a site, you need to take into account the features of at least 5 of the most common browsers.
- Support for operating systems (Windows, Linux, macOS).
- Support for various programming technologies.
- Support for various image and video formats, as well as other formats used on your site.
5. Building High-Quality Links
The credibility of a web resource directly depends on the quantity and quality of backlinks. Mass purchases from spamming resources are gradually becoming a thing of the past. Google Penguin 4.0 Algorithm. (last update of October 6, 2016) is designed to monitor the origin of sources leading to each site, excluding the possibility of artificial rating cheating.
Although the way to promote through the purchase of links will continue to exist, the main task of SEO is to select authoritative sources, prepare the right anchors and, most importantly, to gradually build up the link mass.
An example of growing links for a period of 3 months:
Several high-quality links can have a much greater impact on promotion than a hundred placed in some free directories. This should be taken into account when setting the budget for the acquisition of the link mass – this is one of the most expensive areas of SEO.
If you are planning to purchase high-quality backlinks you can follow the links mentioned below-
Why is it risky to independently promote your web resource using backlinks?
Because the specialist understands the existing rules and limitations of the Google Penguin algorithm, and a newcomer can fail his site by sanction. The fast growth of backlinks, the same type of “artificial” anchor, an unnatural location, and a number of other features, a google search robot can consider those links as “search spam”. In the best case, the web resource will be omitted in the ranking, and in the worst, it will be excluded from the list in the search results.
The growth rate in search results also depends on the region and the business sphere: if in one case you can easily increase links and get into TOP-3 within six months, then in another, it may take a whole year to get into TOP-10.
6. The Growing Role of Local Search in 2020
One of the strategies for the improvement in Google search results is to strengthen local search in 2020. Internet users are increasingly looking for goods and services in their city, and tourists use a smartphone as a pocket guide.
Google My Business platform helps you reach your city’s customers. Over the previous year, in India, local search results have changed a lot and the search engine no longer just provides information by region but offers options for individual locations.
WHAT SHOULD BE DONE TO IMPROVE THE SEO-PROMOTION OF A LOCAL SITE?
- Register your company on Google My Business. Fill out the information about your company as much as possible, add a site, fill out a work schedule and enter a clear list of services that you provide. Be sure to ask your customers and acquaintances to leave feedback about you. This will help improve local SEO.
- Without failure, place your address and phone number in the footer of the site. Similarly, create a “contact” page and post all the information about the company. Thanks to this, Google will better integrate your profile on Google My Business with the accuracy of the information on the site.
- Work actively on the mass of links. But in local SEO it is better to work and help in promoting links purchased in your area and country. Pay attention to the quality, theme, and trust of the site. This is one of the important indicators in the SEO-promotion of a local site.
- Register in local directories and make sure that they contain information about you. For each industry, there are at least 2-3 business catalogs where information should be present. Do not lose the opportunity to be where your potential customers are.
- Percent CTR. Keep track of each month’s CTR. Measure it in the context of your actions, because its change depends not only on the algorithms of Google search engines.
- Encourage customers to leave feedback on third-party sites and your site. For local SEO site promotion, this is extremely important. A large number of reviews will help search engines pay attention to your site and help it in the promotion. However, do not abuse.
INTERNAL OPTIMIZATION FOR SEO-PROMOTION OF A LOCAL SITE:
- Title and Description must contain the name of the city in which you work. For example: SEO-promotion of a website Dehradun;
- The URL of the service page should also contain the name of the city. For example: https: // mysite / local-seo-dehradun /. The disadvantage of such a URL is that if the company wants to expand in other places, it will be difficult for you to work on promoting the site in new places;
- Tags Н1-Н2 on a site should indicate to users what service you provide and in which city. For example: SEO website promotion services in Dehradun.
- Microdistributions for local SEO. It is extremely important to set up micro-markups for local SEO because these data are synchronized with Google, and if they exist, the position of the site begins to grow.
So, for example, at the request “pizza in Dehradun” instead of all the data for the city, the user will be offered points with the closest location of pizzerias in Dehradun.
Therefore, if your business is aimed at the target audience in the immediate area of the city, be sure to pay attention to local SEO and recommendations for SEO-promotion of a local site. This trend will continue to grow in 2020.
7. The Growing Popularity of Knowledge Graphs
What are the advantages of Knowledge Graphs and why will this trend remain relevant throughout 2020? Information in such a block appears in the first row of search results and indicates that the source is verified and authoritative.
Result Knowledge graphs for the query “Dehradun population”:
In order for some of the information from the web resource page to fall into the Knowledge Graph, you need to use structured markup on the site, as well as prepare a high-quality article that exactly matches the popular search query. Googlebot will independently select fragments of pages whose information will be displayed to the target audience in the form of a Knowledge Graph.
8. The Growing Popularity of Voice Search
In Europe and the USA, interest in voice search is much higher than in India. This is primarily due to the growth in sales of Amazon Echo and Google Home smart speakers. Smart speakers are devices that not only reproduce sound but are also capable of picking up voice commands. With the help of such a device, it becomes possible to search for the necessary information directly while listening to music. Accordingly, website optimization for voice search is the next step in SEO development.
Recommendations for setting up voice search to better promote your site.
- When creating content, first remember that users are looking for answers to questions. Therefore, give them such an opportunity. In the headings, H1-H6, use not just keywords, but the question: “How?”, “What?”, “When?”, “Why?”, “Why?”, Etc.
- Do not forget about micro-marking with clear data, as well as the availability of a site map.
- Structure the importance of information. If your business is local, provide as much written information as possible about where you are relative to other points in the city. Provide comprehensive information about contacts, prices, services, etc.
- Never use the business or art style of writing in the content. After all, no one is looking for this;
- Use keyword phrases with “long-tail queries.” (3-4 keywords).
In India, this trend has not yet become popular. Perhaps this will change throughout 2020.
9. The Transition to HTTPS as a Mandatory Component of SEO-Site Promotion in 2020
The HTTPS protocol is an analog of the HTTP protocol, however, it contains a kind of encryption that does not allow attackers to steal personal customer data from the site. When you fill out forms or enter your personal data on a site that uses HTTPS, you can not worry about this. After all, all entered data is “packed” into SSL or TLS protocols, and, as a result, it is impossible to steal it. After installing the HTTPS protocol on the site, Google search engines understand that you care about the personal information of your users. As a result, they help you in the SEO-promotion of the site.
Let’s take a closer look at the advantages and disadvantages of switching a site to the HTTPS protocol.
ADVANTAGES OF USING THE HTTPS PROTOCOL FOR SEO-PROMOTION OF THE SITE AND FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS.
- Ability to save personal data of your customers.
- Google search engines in 2020 are much more loyal and better to sites that use this protocol. If you check Google’s search results for the keyword “buy a smartphone”, the TOP 10 are sites that use this protocol.
- The accuracy of site traffic statistics. Thus, you will see a “real picture” of traffic sources and their quality.
- Improving the rate of trust on the part of search engines.
DISADVANTAGES OF USING THE HTTPS PROTOCOL FOR SEO-PROMOTION OF THE SITE AND FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS:
- Price. SSL certificates are distinguished as free and paid. What is the difference between free and paid certificates? There is no global difference, from the point of view of technical support – it can be a little weaker, but the protection remains the same. But paid SSL certificates can vary from 250 UAH / year to 11500 UAH / year. It all depends on the protocol level and the number of domains on which you want to install it.
- Organic traffic will decrease. So, will the organic traffic that you achieved while SEO-promoting the site decrease during the transition to the protocol? It will decrease, however, not for long (from a week to a month). This decline is inherent in such manipulations because of Google search engines index this transition. Do not worry, because after reindexing your site, positions will return or even grow, which will contribute to further high-quality SEO-promotion of the site.
- It is impossible to make the transition on your own. The transition to HTTPS should be carried out by a specialist in website promotion or an SEO company programmer who understands all the subtleties of the transition. Only then will it improve the position of the site and its SEO-promotion.
Concluding: A Quick Summary on- How to Promote your Website in 2020
So, summing up the results of our review, we will repeat the main global trends in the development of SEO and their impact:
- Optimization for mobile devices is an important component, without which it is impossible to promote a site in the TOP. In India, the number of web resources targeted at smartphone owners is already growing.
- Work with content and internal optimization are prerequisites for promotion for competition in the market. Now only those resources that provide better content (including video) can claim the first positions.
- The role of semantics in promotion is, as before, especially important. In 2018, sites that pay attention to updating the semantic core will have an advantage over those who have not collected semantics for a long time.
- The influence of behavioral factors on promotion, in particular – the speed of the site and a decrease in the bounce rate, are important for getting into the TOP 10 Google. As new competitors emerge in 2020, behavioral factors will become more significant.
- Quality links as a promotion condition. Only subject to the correct, gradual increase in the reference mass. For India, this promotion factor will remain one of the leading in 2020.
- The growing role of local search. This is a global trend that is developing in India. With the advent of new businesses in Dehradun and other large cities, the number of offers in local search will also increase.
- The growing popularity of Knowledge Graphs. A relatively new and, in a sense, Google’s experimental proposal. Nevertheless, Knowledge Graphs are increasingly appearing in the form of answers to the most popular questions.
- The growing popularity of voice search. This is a global trend that is not too widespread in India. It is possible that throughout 2020, interest in it from large players in the market will grow.
- The impact of the transition of all sites to HTTPS on SEO site promotion? Analyzing the situation at the beginning of 2020, I can conclude that after a few months we will no longer see the websites without an SSL. I recommend thinking about the transition today.
As you can see, there are several SEO elements that have remained unchanged for many years. But, besides them, new tendencies have also been noticed that are gaining popularity primarily in the USA and European countries. As experience shows, everything that becomes popular in the West comes to us within 3-4 years. Therefore, we recommend that in the future “keep abreast” of technological innovations and news in the world of SEO about website promotion.