Email marketing for eCommerce stores is a key tool in the field of E-commerce growth and thus its effectiveness cannot be ignored. According to statistics, an e-mail for an online store contributes to the completion of about 7% of the total number of transactions. This is a very significant figure, so do not hesitate to use email marketing for eCommerce as an effective method to grow your store.
But, it should be noted that the Newsletter Email Marketing for eCommerce is very different from general Email Marketing. It can become both an indispensable assistant on the path of your business to success, and a waste of time and effort. Effective email distribution is often achieved by trial and error, through repeated testing and constant work to improve the quality of communications with your consumer audience.
In this article, we will consider the tools and methods, the use of which will make email marketing for eCommerce stores as effective as possible. You will learn how to avoid common mistakes that other eCommerce stores make, making them unsuccessful. The result of our recommendations for you will be the opportunity to create a competent marketing campaign using electronic messages.
Despite the fact that in recent years there have been many other tools and channels for communication with customers. Email marketing for eCommerce stores still does not lose its popularity, and still wins against other mediums with high returns. Email marketing for eCommerce stores is a very reliable option because you send emails to the target audience for which your information will be really interesting and useful. Moreover, an e-mail for an online store will provide you with a number of such advantages in electronic commerce that no other marketing channel can boast of:
- formation of a subscription customer base;
- retention and building a loyal audience;
- ensuring regular, including repeat sales;
- motivation to commit conversion actions;
- establishing long-term relationships with customers.
It is also worth noting that one of the advantages of email newsletters for an online store is the relatively low cost of maintaining activity through this marketing channel. Here is a quick checklist for every eCommerce Store.
Email Marketing for eCommerce: Some Email Tips
Effective emailing can be a task that cannot be achieved in one day or even a month, so be patient. Correct mailing allows you to get the right results. And you need to understand that the main goal that you are pursuing is to push the customer to make a purchase, if not now, then in the future. You do not keep an entertainment magazine and are not going to just make more friends. You have other goals, and they should help your business grow.
First of all, you need to understand that in order to subscribe to your newsletter, the user must have a certain motivation. The e-mail should motivate him to act. Usually, the promise of quick notification of new products, discounts and promotions, as well as the opportunity to receive exclusive offers that are available only to subscribers. Thus, you get an already motivated “warmed up” audience, initially set up to perform any action.
The process of creating a quality email newsletter for an online store can be divided into 5 main stages:
- Identification of goals to be achieved by email. It can be sales, promotion of certain goods, promotion of loyalty and audience retention, or some other motive. Also read- How to Open and Promote an eCommerce Store from Scratch: 5 Steps
- Depending on the chosen goals, a mailing strategy is developed. It is determined in what style emails will be composed (entertaining or serious), what will be the design of the newsletter, whether segmentation and personalization will be used.
- Creating a distribution plan is determined by the frequency of sending emails. As an optimal option, even 1 email per week is enough. If you do this less often, the effect of email marketing is reduced, and if too often, it can annoy subscribers and they will begin to unsubscribe. If we talk about the days of the week when you should send emails, it is useful to pay attention to the results of one of the foreign studies on the topic: weekdays will be a priority since on weekends they read mail much less often. Nevertheless, in some subjects, everything can be exactly the opposite, therefore, the exact answer can be obtained only by testing results.
- The correctness of sending emails is checked, and if necessary, errors are eliminated. It’s difficult to do everything at once perfectly, so before you start an email newsletter for your online store, check to see if everything works correctly. First, send emails to several test addresses and check that the content is displayed correctly on various devices.
- Testing experiments and analytics. Headings of emails and internal links, a grouping of content into blocks and the overall design of the newsletter – all this affects the clickability and the number of clicks to your site. Therefore, it is worth regularly testing various options for representing these components and measuring the effect of changes. This will allow achieving the highest rate of reading emails and clickability of links within the letter.
The listed points for an unprepared person can hardly be called simple and understandable, and immersion in the topic takes a lot of time. Therefore, it is better to delegate such tasks to professionals who will provide you with truly high-quality results, and engage in the establishment of business processes yourself.
How to effectively make use of Email Marketing for eCommerce benefit your business?
What is the Marketer’s biggest nightmare? – That 99.9% of their e-mail newsletters are deleted or ignored. What can be done to prevent this nightmare from coming true? Here are 10 useful tips to help you increase the number of emails open and read by potential buyers.
- Pay enough attention to quality copywriting. An interesting, competent, vibrant and vibrant text should be the basis of email marketing for eCommerce stores. Also read: 9 Golden SEO Copywriting Rules: Untold Secrets
- The headline is everything. Sometimes you should make up two dozen heading options to consistently select the best ones.
- The e-mail newsletter for eCommerce store is especially effective for deep audience segmentation. Try to break up your subscribers into groups based on their age, interests, and other significant factors.
- Brevity is the soul of wit. A few phrases and a motivating picture – sometimes this is absolutely enough for email marketing to bring the expected result. Few clients want to read a long message.
- Concentrate on a call to action. If you yourself cannot clearly explain what you want to achieve through the email newsletter, she has no chance. Express your thoughts in reaching out to potential customers as clearly as possible. You should not send them a list of goods, thinking that they themselves will understand why you did it.
- A good spoon for dinner, and email-delivery – by the time of day, when customers are most active. Analyze the interests and habits of your subscribers. Newsletter should be carried out on time, this will increase its chances of high returns.
- What advertising email subjects do you delete yourself without opening? Look in your own folder with deleted emails and answer your question: “Why was each of them there?”.
- Avoid phrases that increase the chances of your email ending up in spam. Spammers most often use the phrases “Only today”, “Absolutely free”, “Help”, “Order right now”. Think about the fact that emails in the spam folder will probably never be read.
- Remember, the e-mail for the online store should be carried out with the optimal frequency. Too often – bad, too rare – worse. They should not forget about you, but you have no right to annoy. Once every two weeks is a good option.
- Test by sending different email options to different groups of subscribers. Keep track of which email newsletter has proven to be more effective and has provided greater engagement.
One more useful advice will not be superfluous – let’s not forget that more and more users are viewing email messages from mobile devices. Are you sure that your email newsletter for eCommerce stores is equally correctly displayed on all gadgets?
How to build a subscriber base?
Of course, email marketing is a profitable and profitable area of work, but in order to start sending emails, a prerequisite is a database of email addresses of subscribers to whom they will be addressed. You can, of course, buy a ready-made base from someone, but then it will be ordinary spam. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you do this. You need to collect the subscriber base yourself, and we will tell you how to do this in order to get as many email addresses of your potential customers as possible.
The proven methods for gaining a subscriber base include the following methods:
- subscription form on the website of the online store;
- offering subscription to customers when registering or placing an order;
- make exclusive offers only for subscribers (promotions, discounts);
- advertise your newsletter in the newsletter of thematic sites in your niche;
- conduct contests with the condition of participation only for subscribers.
You can use all of the above methods in a comprehensive way, and test them one at a time, in search of the most effective. The essence is simple – the formation of your subscriber base should start with determining the benefits for users, which will be the motivation that converts visitors to the online store into subscribers of the email newsletter.
What types of emails, and when?
Different types of emails can give different results, and this must be taken into account if you want to get the maximum effect from the use of email marketing. There are several main types of emails on the basis of which marketing communication is built:
- transactional emails. They are automatically configured and sent to the user in response to any of his actions – for example, registration or placing an order;
- announcements. Emails in which a specific event or news is reported – for example, stock announcements or information about future sales;
- newsletters. From the name itself, it is clear that such a message contains information useful to the user that may interest him. Relevant and useful content stimulates user loyalty;
- advertising (commercial) emails. The main purpose of sending such an email is to stimulate sales as a whole or as a separate group of goods. You need to work with them carefully to avoid intrusiveness and aggressive advertising, which may prompt the user to simply unsubscribe from the newsletter.
If we talk about tools, we recommend that you pay attention to several services that are best in the market:
Depending on what goals you pursue, you should choose the appropriate type of emails. Experiment and change tactics if necessary – the effectiveness of email distribution is in your hands.
Effective email marketing for eCommerce store – How to get a Subscriber to open all your emails?
It’s no secret that email newsletters for an eCommerce store take a lot of time and require considerable effort. It will be very disappointing if all this is in vain. But getting a potential buyer to read your message is not a difficult task. Knowing a few simple secrets will help you succeed.
- Catchy headline. Spend twice as much time on its compilation as on the text of the email itself and you will not lose. This hard work will more than pay off. Why should a subscriber open an email? To find out more, 19 Tips to Write Catchy Email Subject Lines [+ Examples]. This means that in the heading you should specify the purpose and content of the email as specific as possible.
- Personalization. The chances that the recipient will open the email increases if it is addressed to him personally. Add the name of the addressee in the subject line, if possible, refer to it by name in the text.
- Let your email newsletter have unique personality traits. Give them recognition. Ideally, it is advisable to invest a piece of the soul in each email. The email must be humorous (without extremes and vulgarity), an offer to participate in contests, promotions, discounts in the store and so on.
- A positive growth trend of subscribers is possible only if you do not overload them with advertising (the ratio of useful information text and advertising is 90% to 10%).
- Keep your promises. By announcing that the newsletter will be weekly, you have no right to disrupt the schedule. Having promised that your email will contain discount coupons and unique offers, do not forget to add them to the email each time. Maintain a consistently high level of trust in your newsletter among readers.
Do not lose hope if your email marketing for eCommerce store does not bring instant results. This is a long way that will require perseverance and determination. It’s always difficult to start, but even if your first newsletter was addressed to only a dozen subscribers, you can be sure that with the growth of the subscription base you will notice how sales begin to grow. An email newsletter for eCommerce store is extremely important. It can, should and will attract new customers to you, increase the number of transactions completed, create a level of trust in the brand and make a profit.
If you understand that email marketing is what you need for your business, entrust this work to our specialists who will develop a strategy for you, make a stylish mailing template, configure sending emails and analyze the results. And save your personal time spent on developing your own business and translating your plans and strategies into reality.